Thursday, July 15, 2010

Camp Christy and Mary


Some more precious friends are moving, along with their 8 beautiful children, soooo I decided I'd be helpful. Instead of unpacking every box they pack (which is really what I'd rather do), my friend Mary and I held a mini day camp at my house... 2 days, 12 children and 2 adults. Toooottallly safe! We baked cookies, brewed sassafras tea, played starwars, ran a beauty shop, made a waterslide, watched movies, popped popcorn, and we only went to the ER once. Anna dislocated her elbow; that's all.:) We had a blast! Anna did too. 4 lollipops later, and she's good as new. As one friend said... "long live the lollipop."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! You have to share some of these anecdotes at the conference next week. "Long live the lollipop!"Not the growth plate, but the lollipop! Great exchange!

kelli said...

oh I love it. bet it was a blast. but poor Anna!
we were glad to see the Tormey moving van on the street today...kind of hoping the Kaisers had stowed themselves away in it but no luck.