Monday, October 25, 2010

Growing up with Friends

I was recently sitting in the hairstylists chair talking with a very young stylist... about her friends. She was referring to her closest of close friends. Talking about how important it is to be around those friends you've known for life, and how those are the friends that can complete your thoughts for you and know you better than you know yourself. I was telling her about you all. I said "We may not necessarily have known each other since we were little, but we've grown up together"

College
Marriage
Flight school
The first, second, third deployment
Having Kids

We've weathered it together

I was just laughing with Tammy, a dear friend, as we realized.... It's almost like now, we might, just maybe might have a little inkling of a clue what we're doing, finally.

So here's to all of you, the growing up we have left to do, and the unfinished chapters ahead.

1 comment: