Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mothers of the world unite....

There should be some ground rules all mothers agree upon. One of them should be never give your child under the age of seven a quarter to use for one of those rides at malls or for games at arcades. My trip to the mall was almost complete today. I had finished my quick errands and I decided to reward Peter and Anna with a visit to the spaceship. The kids thought I was the coolest mom ever for letting them "ride" the space ship and all the other cool vehicles parked in front of the mall. I'd almost pulled the trip off successfully when a mother of another preschool child walked up and put a quarter in one of the rides for her daughter! As soon as I saw her coming with her wallet I knew it was all over. I quickly grabbed both of my kids by the elbows (careful not to pull them out of joint) and hurried for the exit. Peter kept looking back, I tried to entice him with the handicap button to open the door (the one he's always so charmed by). However, it didn't quite have the same lustre as he watched the space ship suddenly light up move around and rock back and forth. Ahh the law of diminishing returns, and innocence lost... my trips to the mall won't quite be the same. My son has tasted of the tree of knowledge.

1 comment:

kelli said...

Yep, been there.
Tristan asks for quarters now every time...I have to physically show him my empty wallet:)