Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Man

"I love Dan..." Said a salty Marine at the latest squadron function. "And do you want to know why... because you wouldn't know a thing about him unless you asked, like the fact he used to jump out of planes and rescue people as a pararescueman before he joined the Marines. He is a good man! He's the first guy I would go to in a crisis, cause you know he's got your back. He's the most unassuming quiet solid guys you will ever meet." I was surprised to hear such a seasoned stranger share such insight about a man he knows so little of, but I couldn't agree with him more. As CS Lewis said of Aslan, he's not safe but he's good. Dan is loyal, courageous, humble, hardworking... and the best thing about it is that he's mine, given to me on loan from God.
I love you, Dan!
Happy Anniversary

1 comment:

Janet said...

God has Blessed us with GREAT men!! I feel the same about Eric.