Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Dan!


I remember when I met you thinking a lot of things, mostly how much I would love to make you mine, but I never quite thought past that to how exactly you'd pan out as a father. Turns out fatherhood suits you better than I could have imagined even if I'd tried. I can't tell you how many times I giggle to myself thinking "Don't tell that 27 year old guy, that you once were, that you'd know all about Dora the Explorer, how irregular a two year old can be and the components to a well packed diaper bag." You have mastered the art of moving fluidly from Jedi to dragon to a date for tea in a matter of minutes. More importantly you have mastered the art of shifting from pilot to daddy in seconds. They'd never know the stress on your plate, because the second you step in this door at the end of a very long day you are ready to play. To them you are the king of buttermilk pancakes, sword fighting, and sand castles. You play with them in the morning and pray with them at night, and to them that's all that matters, but to me it means so much more. Thanks for leading this family in faith, and love, and a good dose of laughter. We love you!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Fathers' Day, Dan! A great tribute to your best friend, Christy! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Happy Fathers' Day, Dan! A great tribute to your best friend, Christy! Love, Mom