Sunday, June 20, 2010

It Rained Today!


Yes, it did! The forecasters said it was supposed to be hot and dry this week and forecasts for rain have been few and far between, but suddenly this morning it started pouring. I don't mean a few drops trickled, I mean it was like a tropical storm out there. So what did we do? We celebrated! Watering this yard is a tough job in the scorching heat, and my poor garden has been desperate for water. That's why rain from heaven is such a blessing! So we got out our boogie board, put on our rain gear and celebrated right there in the middle of the pouring rain.

With glees of delight, we celebrated this unexpected rainstorm and as we laughed, I was reminded of how inaccurate forecasts can be. The dog days of summer are ahead of us both literally and figuratively. My dad is starting chemo, precious friends are moving, and Dan's job is going to be increasingly demanding in the coming months. There isn't much relief in sight, but I am gonna use this monsoon from out of nowhere as a reminder: God pours out his blessings whenever he chooses whether it's forecasted or not.

1 comment:

deb said...

It is incredible the way you pull God's truth out of life. I'm fighting back the tears as God's goodness rings true through your words and that sweet picture.