Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Somewhere between the Pakistani relief effort, Dan's parents plane crash, and dad's chemo beginning next week. I was beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed. One of the things that is the hardest for an independent minded Marine wife to do sometimes is admit that you need something. This weekend I needed ... to laugh... to get away... and to celebrate my little boy who just turned 5. And that we did, with our precious friends in Virginia!. 4 late nights, 2 birthday cakes, 1 Rennaissance festival, and 14 happy kids later, and my heart is full. Sometimes God loves us through our friends. I feel very loved!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Yeah for relaxation and fun! Hope Peter had a wonderful birthday. We love you and miss you lots! Praying for you daily...
Love, Leah Danielle

Unknown said...

Great post! God does provide! We love you sooooo much and are sooooo proud of you!