Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 4th

Peter,
As I mentioned yesterday, sometimes God loves us through our friends. However, a lot of times, God loves me through you! Every day you wake up in the same house as me it's like God is giving me one gigantic present after another. Your infectious laugh can bring me to tears. You brighten every day with your funny sayings and witty little comments.

Not only do you make us all laugh, but you love so freely. You are becoming quite the little man, with your heart for God. I hope that as you grow God will show you all the ways to express that love to those around you that are so hungry for it. You have so much love to give, and this world is hungry for the kind of love that you have. So in this coming year as you are starting kindergarten, and continuiing in Awanas, my prayer is that your love for God and others would grow in knowledge and depth. I also pray that your dad and I will have insight into how to nourish your little soul that someday you will stand as a man among men: a loving leader with a passion to please God by serving his people.

You're a friend for a lifetime, Peter, and I thank God that I get to call you my son!

Happy 5th birthday, little man!
Love,
Mom and (Dad)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Precious, Little Peter, we are soooo proud of you also and glad that you are our grandson!
Love, Grammy and Poppy